Costa Brava Private Wine Tour from Barcelona
A guided full day wine tour in the Emporda area, visiting 2 selected wineries and having a traditional lunch with wines
Our Winery Full Day Wine Tour is the simplest way to book your winery visits in Costa Brava and taste its wines. We will select 2 of the best wineries for you in Emporda and make sure that your visits are guided in English. Flexible, base price is land service with driver guide and car, but if you wish we can provide a Luxury car, driver or upgrade your tastings. Just let us know the date that you would like to visit and we will do the rest!
- Wine tasting discovery day
- Discover a unique and singular countryside setting, characterized by its never-ending vineyards, scattered farmhouses, unique heritage sites and numerous wineries and cava producers
- Enjoy our hand picked favorite wineries: Traditional, family run, small producers, modern, biodynamic, ecological wine, etc…
- Discover the Catalan Gastronomy with fantastic local traditional meal with wine.
- 2 Guided Visits in English to 2 different Wineries with tastings
- Transportation by car with driver guide (from 2 to 7 people)
- Transportation by minivan with driver and wine guide (from 8 to 25 people)
- Taste up to 6 wines
- 1 Catalan Traditional Lunch with wine
- Customized itinerary
- All local taxes
- Any food or beverage not specified
The basic Costa Brava Wine Tour Day includes 2 Guided Visits in English to 2 different Wineries with tastings and a Catalan Traditional Lunch with wine
La Costa Brava, the rocky, rugged coastline that runs along Spain's northeastern shore, is far better known for its lovely seaside resorts and wave-lapped beaches than for its wines. Yet just inland stretch the rolling vineyards of the DO Empordà-Costa Brava. One of Spain's smaller Denominations of Origin, it has just under 3,000 hectares under vine and has earned a reputation in recent years for planting a wide range of local and international varieties. It is a unique and beautiful region in Spain to enjoy a food and wine gourmet tour.
Wine has been made here since the 5th century BC, when Phoenicians first colonized the coast. The DO has never been one of Spain's best-known, but the exciting wines being made here in recent years aim to change that. Traditionally, the focus was on small, family-owned cellars specialized in sweet wines or easy-to-drink rosé wines made with local grapes like Cariñena. These days, it's the young red wines that are garnering fame for their expressiveness and surprising quality.
The combination of seascape and rural countryside makes Empordà Costa Brava one of the loveliest wine regions in the country. The vines are planted at low altitudes (200 meters maximum) and are constantly caressed with the gentle breezes of the Mediterranean. Occasionally, they're submitted to the harsher whims of a cold northern wind that sweeps down from the Pyrenees and prevents the region from getting too hot. Nearly all the vines are staked for protection.
Maybe you can understand why Artist as Dali are so surrealistic.
Pick up at your hotel in Barcelona
We can complete your experience with the following services:
- Luxury Costa Brava Winery Pass: Luxury Car with Chauffer, Visits & Lunch
- Premium Cellars
You will receive our confirmation and in less than 48 hrs with the vouchers, driving directions and the schedule of the wineries and restaurant bookings: Around 11.00 – First Cellar // Around 01.00 pm Lunch // Around 03.30 – Second Winery
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.