Wine, Montserrat & Lunch Full Day from Barcelona
A regular wine tour offered 7 days a week to explore the best of Catalan local gastronomy and wines
Montserrat, a unique massif, is the most important mountain in Catalonia with stunning views, where nature meets religion, history and the identity of the Catalans. Take a short walk to the monastery and feel the true spirituality Montserrat has to offer! In the afternoon you will visit the Oller del Mas Castle, one of the most emblematic wineries in the region. Close your eyes and discover all the secrets of the terroir wines paired with excellent cheeses. In the clubhouse restaurant you will be served with an exquisite three course meal with ecological wines from the vineyard
- Experience Catalonia´s most important mountain and sanctuary
- Visit a winery in a 10th century castle
- Taste delicious local wines paired with local cheeses
- Multi-course meal paired with ecological wines
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures personalized attention from your guide
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Montserrat’s Natural Park and Sanctuary
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine
- Guided visit to the Oller del Mas Cellar
- Visit to the winery, castle and vineyard
- Wine tasting (3 ecological wines)
- Cheese tasting
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Funicular or any other extra in Montserrat
- Tips and gratuities
Montserrat is the most important mountain in Catalonia. A unique massif, famous for its gothic shapes, beautiful views, The mountain is known as the symbol of the catalan people identity. All the day through, as our groups are maximum for 15 people, you feel local for one day.
On the way to Montserrat our guides introduce you to this “magic mountain”. Enjoy the stunning landscape of this Natural Park. The guided tour includes a short walk to the monastery.
After Montserrat we head the to the Oller del Mas Castle, just a few minutes away from Montserrat. Located in an impressive castle dating over a thousand years old, some of the walls are from 964 A.D. (X century), the winery reigns over 1000 acres of land with a golf course open to the public.
In the clubhouse restaurant you will be served with a multi-course meal, an exquisite selected menu with favorites of the region topped with wines produced organically from the vineyard. Get your swimming suit as there is a pool for a little extra!
In the afternoon, our professional guide will show you the cellar and take you through the vines for a beautiful walk. You will learn how the wine is made and you will discover all its secrets. And then a castle just for us!
And, of course, for the family if they are around. We also visit the “treasures room” where the Oller del Mas chateaux wines become older and wiser. And then we will just sit, close our eyes and enjoy the wonderful miracle of the various wines offered… tasting the history, soil, climate and everything else that makes Oller del Mas Castle so special.
Last but not least, the wine-tasting course with cheese where you will taste three products of an excellent quality, before the return to Barcelona.
- 08:45 am Depart from Barcelona
- 09:45 am An amazing guided tour of Montserrat, the magic mountain
- 01:45 pm Departure to Oller del Mas winery
- 02:15 pm Multi-course Catalan fixed menu at Oller del Mas club house
- 04:00 pm Extended visit to Oller del Mas winery
- 05:00 pm Wine tasting (3 premium wine) and cheese tasting
- 06:00 pm Departure to Barcelona
- 07:00 pm Arrival to Barcelona, Plaça Catalunya
08:45 am Mon-Sun