Wine and Cava Day Trip from Barcelona
A wine tasting tour from Barcelona, spend a relaxing day in the countryside as you visit 3 wineries, sample wine and learn about cava
Discover 3 of Catalonia's most iconic wineries with your local guide in the Penedes Wine Region! Learn how different varieties of wine are produced and have the opportunity to taste them! First we will visit the award-winning Bodegues Jean Leon in central Penedes where we will do two wine tastings. Then head to Bodegues Torres to learn more about wine production, followed by a wine tasting of three wines, as well as three local cheeses. Finally, visit Caves Freixenet learning about the process of making cava. You’ll sample two cavas with delicious tapas
- Wine tasting day trip from Barcelona
- Explore the magical world of Barcelona´s local wine region
- Discover the complex process of making cava (Catalan sparkling wine)
- Enjoy complimentary wine and cheese tastings
- Professional and informative guide
- Multilingual tour in Spanish, English and Catalan
- Guided tour and tasting of two wines at Jean Leon Winery
- Guided tour and combined tasting (3 cheeses and 3 wines) at Bodegues Torres
- Guided tour and tasting of two cavas (Sparkling wine) and tapas at Caves Freixenet.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Catalonia is one of Spain’s most prominent wine-producing areas, boasting 11 appellations of origin. Vines have been growing in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years, and today Catalonia produces 380 million bottles of wine a year, including cava, which accounts for half of this production.
On this wine day trip from Barcelona, you will first visit Jean Leon winery in the middle of the Penedes region. You will go on a guided tour and taste two different wines at this award-winning winery.
Then head to Torres winery, where you will learn more about the production of various wines. You will see that it takes hard work to produce a good wine. At this winery, you’ll enjoy tastings of three wines, as well as three cheeses of the region.
Finally, visit Caves Freixenet, the last winery of your tour. Here is where you will learn about the process of making cava (sparkling wine). You’ll sample two cavas, as well as some delicious tapas.
Your guide will be with you throughout your tour, answering questions and providing you with interesting information about the wine region.
- What to wear: comfortable clothing and shoes. A bottle of water in summer, as it gets hot and humid. Wet weather gear if rain is expected.
- Weather conditions: tour takes place rain or sunshine.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product
- Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of