Barcelona Be a Local not a tourist Food Tour
Be a local, not a tourist and taste authentic food in this guided tour through the morning market with a stop for vermouth and a full traditional meal
Enjoy this Small group Food tour off the beaten path in Barcelona. During this morning walking tour you will go beyond typical tourist places, a market tour including the farmers market. You will stop at one of the few bars that have kept its Catalan identity for over half a century to enjoy homemade tapas. You will visit a neighborhood full of local artists and finish with a full meal at a restaurant where they “sometimes” cook better than our grandmothers
- Tour for food curious to discover unparalleled, non-touristy and authentic spots
- Honest, humble and rich full lunch with wine and coffee in a truly authentic restaurant
- Specialized gourmet guide
- Traditional tapas with vermouth
- Local farmers market tour
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention from your guide
- Guaranteed Departure
- Food walking tour with an English speaking specialized gourmet guide
- Welcome drink
- Vermouth with tapas
- Full traditional meal of starter, main dish, dessert, wine, water and coffee
- Free Wifi at the meeting point
- All local taxes
- Food and drinks not specified
- Transportation to meeting point and from ending point
Which better way to experience Barcelona than a dedicated Food tour to taste the authentic and go where locals go.
You will start the tour in a unique venue in Spain a Gastronomic Centre, created under the slow food philosophy and open to offer Food and wine tours to Foodies and travelers who visit Barcelona; where, you will be welcome with a sparkling glass of cava.
You will continue your tour visiting a local market and its busy farmers market, where the farmers of orchards nearby sell their daily produce.You will do a tasting in the market.
After the market visit your guide will take you to experience an authentic and stimulating Barcelona neighborhood, historic, authentic, vibrant and full of personality, with a great variety of tempting restaurants, cafes, bars and taverns. You will never guess you are only 2 blocks from the most touristic place in Barcelona, Las Ramblas.
Your local guide will give you insider’s tips and insights, whether to stroll, eat, drink or take pictures!
You will stop to enjoy typical Spanish vermouth with tapas in a truly traditional Tavern run by the 5th generation, that won our hearts for its good food, happy staff and unique décor. A place frozen 60 years ago.
By the end of the tour your well-prepared and tasty full meal will be waiting for you. The cook, has a rigid dedication to fresh produce, and dishes are prepared and rotated every day, so as to get the best out of the season’s produce. The only dishes she does not change are the staple traditional dishes hardly found in restaurants.
With our small and intimate groups, you will come to us as a visitor, but leave as a friend.
11 Am Mon-Fri
Walking distance: 1,5 kilometers (20 minutes)
What to wear:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- A bottle of water in summer, as it gets hot and humid.
- Wet weather gear if rain is expected.
Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Infants (Ages 3 and under) are free, no food or drink provided. Booking is required
- We love providing delicious options for those with dietary needs. If you have a food allergy or dietary requirement, please tell us when booking. We do not recommend this tour for vegans or those who avoid gluten.
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.